These documents outline the way we will run agility in NZ. For the most up to date information refer to the latest copy of the regulations
The most important one is the start line. The competitor is required to wait until they have received the all clear from the Judge before they start their run. The Judges may indicate verbally, or with a gesture. So you will need to make sure you LISTEN & LOOK at the judge before taking off. If you go early and they are not ready for you, they will disqualify you.
Aframes. The up-contact will not be judged so you cannot get faults for missing the upcontact. Of course the down contact will still be judged...
Collapsible tunnels cannot be placed with a turn either before or after them and the judge is required to allow at least 5m straight runup. This is to minimise the chance of a dog getting caught up or held back by a tunnel chute.
Elementary A weave mistakes will be faulted to bring it in line with other classes.
There are also regulations covering refunds, backside/landing side jumps, tied scores, and re-runs. Notifications will be posted when the regs are confirmed by Exec and published by NZKC which will hopefully be within the next few weeks. Until then existing Regs stand.
Please tell fellow club members about these changes so that they understand.
The Agility Committee has decided at this stage not to regulate stabilisation methods for wing jumps.
We wish to advise all Judges, Event managers and competitors that wing jumps should be stabilised by the safest method possible. Method choices include: pegs alongside the wing, sandbags and water bottles placed alongside the wing.
We would prefer that wings were stabilised in a way that allows them to fall if a dog bangs into them, and therefore we strongly recommend that pegs are not placed through the wing or over top of any legs.
The Agility Committee reserves the right to add a regulation at any time if in our opinion such methods are being used that jeopardise the safety of the dog.
- Summary of regulation changes effective June 2015, approved at ACOD
- Description of new awards effective March 2015
- Summary of regulation changes effective March 2015
- Summary of regulation changes effective 1 July 2014
- Summary of regulation changes effective 1 Jan 2014
- Summary of regulation changes effective 1 July 2013
- amendments effective 1 Jan 2013
- amendments effective 1 July 2012
- amendments only effective 1 Jan 2012
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 1st of July 2011
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 1st of Jan 2011
- Summary of Regulation changes in plain english effective from the 1st of July 2010
- Reminder regarding remeasuring of Dogs Memo July 201
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 1st of July 2010
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 21st of February 2010
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 1st of January 2010
- Summary of regulation changes effective from the 1st of October 2009
- Summary of Regulations changes effective from the 1st June 2009.